Friday, June 20, 2008

EN102

  1. it just occurred to me that my mom has bought a *tooting* treadmill!! it's right outside my room - like is that a big hint or something?? Haha but now I suddenly feel so super excited cos cos cos I don't have to ponder about whether I should change and wear sports shoes and go down and run in the blazing hot sun cos now I can just step out of my room and start RUNNING.
  2. Man, OBS was fun for a reason - there was a right mix of people who could somehow, someway gel together! Team Lois didn't have those weird kinds of people who were too ego or too self-absorbed or too.. well, weird. But now everyone has been jumbled up and forced to work in new groups for the projects and you really start to see the ugliness of it all. All the politics and gossip and true colours. I guess I am VERY lucky in a sense that my group just gels so well together. Like, we all have our own opinions but somehow, some way, we manage to COMPROMISE. Although we don't have those loud crazy types, but in a way it's good because everyone gets to have their say. And previously, I was a bit apprehensive about the team because I thought they were a certain type of person, or because I felt we just didn't clique at times. But now I think it's so different cos after spending the night with them, even though I was the only girl in a room with 3 guys, I felt safe. We trust each other, in a way. And we're all nice people!! Yeah. And they are all so cute in their own ways lah. Like one of them has this cool BMW car and who's always the talk of the class - he's always ferrying us around to Boon Lay Markets to eat good food. And he always has this zany really loud laughter. Then another - he's a foreigner so his English isn't the greatest but he's so hardworking and smart and he does the craziest funniest things. Like yesterday, I asked him to put 'pay-per-click advertising' in the report, and he actually typed in PAPERCLIP advertising. Then another, who's this IT technowiz who enjoys running marathons. And then there's the funny tall one who doesn't mind embracing his feminine side - can you imagine I was discussing Vichy moisturising cream with him?? But he's cool and real easy to talk to. Lastly, there's the girl who I got the wrong impression on the first day, but turns out she's this bubbly funny girl who's also easy to talk to, like today we bonded over conversations like online shopping and also pretending to discuss projects in front of the teacher in order to obtain participation marks!! Couldn't stop laughing, that one:D:D
  3. So tired today, I say the stupidest things. But it's okay, cos I am too tired to care about it. And I shall not participate in gossip circulating around class - I really have to think twice before I go shooting off my mouth again.
  4. Meeting my sis at Causeway Point. Man, I miss home and I miss family. I feel so caught up in my life and friends and school that I feel like I am neglecting that very important piece in my life. Almost to the point where I feel like not taking up a second major - is it really worth it spending 34324563121 more hours in school just to get that extra line in your grad cert that says "Second specialisation in marketing"???
  5. I really should just enjoy what I have right now:) Everyone's so uptight with project deadlines looming round the corner that the atmosphere just feels so constricted. Class picnic on ADM roof on wednesday!! I'll pitch the idea;)

No comments: