Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Updates!

I have not been updating! Since the exams started.

But now I re-enter your lives, hoping to be accepted again. Hehe.

Enough chatter!

This new website, called oneword.com is really interesting. Everyday, a new word appears, and from that word, you have approximately 30 seconds to come up with a paragraph of literary genius.

Yes, 30 seconds.

Today's word was 'Win'.

Here's what I came up with in 30 seconds:
To win or to lose - that is the question. Sometimes life doesn't give you any choices. But most of the time, your fate, your destiny is in your hands. You choose what choices you make, what road you take, that will determine whether you win, or you lose.

Not bad eh?

Well some by other users were average:
Winning is a sweet taste that lingers. A triumph that celebrates the arduous journey. If you want it bad enough, if you feel it, then the win is yours.

They say winning isn't everything. I've heard it so many times. But winning feels so good. It feels as though people that win, would never say that it isn't everything. It feels like everything. I love winning more than anything, and hate it more than anything. It takes over.

But this one, really, just blew me away:
It was a win-win situation, that which you and I entered into. I would win your heart, and you would win your ticket to freedom, a green card. And so I explained it to my friends, and to my overly-concerned family, who saw it as lose-win, and didn't understand this game, the game of your heart, which I had committed to. I was in it to win you.

In 30 seconds, this fella not only managed to write something you'd find in a novel in the library, he carved out a whole plot! And I love the last sentence.

Well, the idea for the website was sheer genius too. Imagine all the writers with writer's block. They come to the website for inspiration, where they're forced to vomit out something readable in 30 seconds. Now that's a surefire way to cure writer's block, and an idea for a winning website.

No comments: