Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Open up your mind and see like me.. open up your plans and damn you're free.

Been so busy lately.. Seldom have the time to reflect on the ongoings in my life and I fear that those memories are gonna disappear soon if i don't jot it down somewhere, some blog. A friend made me realise the amount of stuff I've taken up this time round:

-3 cores
-AB228A
-chinese
-floorball
-SIFE
-Entre EN105 project
-2 tuition kids

and most of them are not short stints i.e. they require MAJOR commitment - twice a week meet-ups for the latter four. but it's okay because I enjoy every single one of them. Just that sometimes, the sian-ness due to lack of sleep starts to build up. And you just want to let go---



I'm learning. I have to. I learn everyday. I learn in floorball what it's like to score a goal so unexpectedly that happiness just oozes from your skin. It's the feeling of being able to contribute to the team - the feeling that you're finally, finally doing something right after so manywrongs. That you know you're not useless - you can do something if you put your heart and mind into it - and just DO it. I learn to be fearless, to know what it is to want something badly, and to put up an admirable fight for it. I learn from my seniors how to play the game well. Absorbing is the hardest part, but bit by bit, I learn.

I learn in entrepreneurship classes and the various networking sessions I've attended. I learn what it's like to listen. Listen to ideas. Listen to dreams. I learn to express my own views - and not just hope that people listen, but that they understand and they acknowledge. I learn how important it is to know the right people. And to say and do the right things at the right time. I learn how to learn. I learn to spot an opportunity, to link various events and situations. I learn to be creative and to be different. I learn how to learn.

Whilst in SIFE, and presenting in front of the largest audience of my life for the MISE social business challenge, many cringe-worthy moments came up especially after viewing the video of the presentation. Like repeating the word 'basically' umpteen times >.< But I learnt. I learn what my threshold for nerves is like before my mind goes totally blank. I learn that listening to comments about my presentation will definitely help me improve in relaying my ideas. I learn that staying cool and collected and speaking s l o w l y will increase my composure level. I learn to keep nerves away by focussing my thoughts on relaying the message.

I'm still learning -

:)

No comments: