Friday, July 11, 2008

After Minor exams!! Entre outing!!

Wow felt such a huge stress release when I went out today after exams... Last real exam for entre today! We had a case study.. and I was so tired yesterday I fell asleep reading.. so I was rushing all the reading this morning.. and I tell you, it is super stressful when you see all those entre people having breakfast n you r stuck in a corner trying to digest last minute information. But luckily, I met adhi in the library when I was printing notes, and he gave me a really useful resource.. he is so generous lah. He didn't even have to do that!

So! Even though I was fretting about tmr's match (against NUS), I just decided to go out with the gang and have some fun! We ate lunch at JP, before catching a movie. Although I didn't really enjoy Red Cliff, this chinese period war movie, cos of all the blood and gore and draggy parts..I enjoyed the discussion after that! I didn't know there was so much to chinese history, all that stuff about zhuge liang and cao cao etc... and the war strategies, my entre mates enlightened me, can be used in business also!! Wow. Interesting, Sun Zi's art of war:)

And I had the chance to get to talk to Elis and Cheong Heng, like really talk. I guess I was a bit high also. Haha, high on life. I love it when I am so carefree after exams I can just let loose and really enjoy the conversations I have with people.

Talked to Juhus on MSN and he really gave some insightful stuff on how to deal with nerves and stress. For tmr's game. And in the train on the way home, JC showed me some videos of his previous pole vaulting days and taught me some cool stuff that I never knew about the sport. Wow, I have some really interesting and kind friends made from minor.


yea...
11/7/2008
11:33:30 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
ahha... u read the art of war? haha.. tats part of it...
11/7/2008
11:34:19 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
results are important... but focusing on results... winning or lossing... doesnt help to improve ur performance...
11/7/2008
11:34:48 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
focus on the process... what u wish to feel during the competition so that u can really enjoy urself in the game...
11/7/2008
11:35:01 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
and at the same time giving ur best...
11/7/2008
11:35:18 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
and have no regrets watever the results are... they are just feedbacks...


but thinking tat doesnt help u at all...haha...
11/7/2008
11:38:28 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
wat u can do is how to improve ur mental strength now... since not much time for physical skills...
11/7/2008
11:38:39 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
to give ur best performance...
11/7/2008
11:38:55 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
and i always think... best performance in game... is when u really enjoy the game...
11/7/2008
11:40:58 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
maybe there is a way to improve ur short term skills...through mental exercise... scientists has tested two groups of ppl carrying an activity... one group was put to watch a video and asked to mentally visualise they are engaging the activity on the video...
11/7/2008
11:41:32 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
every part of the feeling the should felt if they as if they are really doing it...
11/7/2008
11:42:04 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
so the other group did nothing but attending the real activity itself...
11/7/2008
11:42:23 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
results show the group with mental rehearsals did better~
11/7/2008
11:42:50 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
this is a very common practise for peak performance...
11/7/2008
11:45:10 PM
Juhu
(R)diana**
but the real important thing is still ur correct focus... focus on the process, not the results... anticipate the feelings that u need to enjoy (=peak performance), the way u should speak, the actions u will do at that state of mind... every single thing u can think of... then if u are nervous, deep breathe... hold breathe...breathe out... this cycle will really help...

Took a nap when I reached home! Granny is well again so I am happy too. Today is just great and fulfilling: )

No comments: