Well, this is something I don't really share, but I spent a lot of time in the past feeling sorry for myself, looking down on myself etc.. and I guess somewhere along the way I decided to grow up. I have discovered and am proud of the good qualities that I know I have. And I still have a number of bad qualities that I would like to change.. but at least having a list reminds me of the person I want to be. A happy person: )
Here goes..
1. Love what you are doing.
2. Treasure every second that you are alive. Make time for the people who care, because sometimes you forget.
3. Don't take everything too seriously.
4. Leave your fate in the hands of God, but know that you have the power to change it.
5. Have no regrets in anything you do.
6. If things don't turn out as planned, well at least you had no regrets.
7. Know your strengths and weaknesses. And use them to your advantage.
8. Know that you can't get the whole world to like you. And accept that fact.
9. Keep on doing what you're doing, no matter what the naysayers say. In the end what others think shouldn't matter as long as you ...
10. Always do what you think is right. Then everything else will (or should, at least) fall into place. Uphold your principles, because otherwise you lose sight of your identity.
11. Take in criticisms with a pinch of salt, they help you improve yourself.
12. Be sincere & genuine in all your relationships.
13. Don't let your emotions get the better of you. Rule your heart with a sound mind.
14. Always think big picture - there are people in situations worser than yours.
15. Always think for a second before you say anything.
16. Never be limited by tradition. Define your own boundaries. Believe in your ability to change the world.
17. Learn to balance - never be too complacent, or too humble. Know who you are and embrace it.
18. Practise everything in moderation - Don't eat too much (haha yes, I am still learning how to do this), invest too much emotions, etc.
19. Learn how the pros do it. I am learning from my friends everyday: )
20. Don't label people/look down on people/pass judgments too easily. There is a reason for everything.
21. Let time take it's course. Don't rush it.
22. Treasure the right things. Material possessions don't last. Love and relationships should.
23. Find pleasure in the simplest of things.
24. Don't keep anything in. Confide when you have to. That's what a friend is for.
What else do you think should be on it?
No comments:
Post a Comment